You know that consistency is an important part of successful email marketing. Every year, you promise this will be the year you create (and stick to) an email marketing plan. And every year, something comes up and your plan falls by the wayside.
Stay focused, motivated, and accountable in what you do best. We make it simple to help you plan a whole year’s worth of email marketing and implement it for you.
Set yourself up for success in 2017 with a simple email marketing plan you can stick to.
Set it, and forget it!
Inbound marketing is the most effective form of online sales, quickly replacing static advertising. The selling website (or landing page) is only the end point in your online sales system.
- Your website needs to be interactive and attractive.
- It should be customer friendly, welcoming and easy to navigate.
- It should be optimized for phones and mobile media.
- It needs to be designed to act like a good salesperson, anticipating objections, answering objections and moving toward a series of closings in the form of choice points, ending with a final closing.
- The way of finishing a sale (order blank and method of payment) should always be conveniently available.
You can turn your business website into your best sales person. Business websites that sell are like selling traps. They are designed in the form of a “sales funnel.”
First of all, development of the effective business website can not stand alone. The website must be part of a selling system that starts with the slow building of credibility and reputation. Participation in online business starts with becoming part of the online business community.
Start by looking for places to post blogs or comments that establish your authority and your business credentials. Join relevant business forums and discussion groups. Open a blog on a blog site. This will have potential customers looking for you and increase your rank on the search engines, so that your website will be easier to find. Your blogs should be informative and interesting. They should not be pushy or sales oriented, although you will want to link each blog or article to your landing page.
The power of inbound marketing is the incremental building of your reputation along with the search engine effectiveness (SEO) of your website, the ease with which customers can find your landing page.
Designs By Dave O. provides a full range of services aimed at building an online business presence from concept to reality. Please contact us to learn more.
In today’s world, it is more important than ever to make sure your company’s name and brand are burned into people’s consciousness. The internet has made it imperative that your brand is immediately recognizable by likely consumers, and accurately linked to a particular product or service. Therefore, brand awareness is a prime objective of a large portion of advertising and marketing.
Many, when thinking of branding, will likely look towards the most obvious. These are things like a domain name, logo design, or even their website layout. However, one should not neglect different and more creative customer interaction points.
1. Unique Login or Sign-up – Use your login or sign-up pages as a creative space to express your brand. Consider how a company that uses a dinosaur motif to jazz up their website. Scroll over their “login” button and the word changes to “RAWRR!”. It is silly, but also memorable, which is extremely important for an online form builder.
2. Show Off Your Customer Service. – Many companies believe their customer service as one of their best attributes. Nonetheless, customer service may not be an intricate aspect of brand awareness. The online retailer Zappos allows customers to actually wear shoes for a year with a full money back guarantee. However, to drive their customer satisfaction message home, they place their 24/7 customer service hotline at the top of every page.
3. Begin with Transparency – Consider the website of the serial entrepreneur, David Oralevich. Rather than hiding behind a brand image or logo, David places himself front and center within his website design. Many businesses keep images of proprietors or staff to a small profile photo on an about page or not at all. Pat’s approach is more personal and authentic.
If you would like to talk about imaginative methods to build your business brand, or need more information, please contact us.
White space (also called negative space) is critical for effective website design. However, many companies want that empty space filled. But it is that empty space between elements that creates a real impact. It is the responsibility of good website designers to explain to clients how white space creates the proper tone and improves usability.
What is white space? In very basic terms, it is the space around website elements. While this is the most valuable part of a website design, many perceive white space as wasted real estate. Yet, when used correctly, it can transform a website design, helping guide visitors deeper into the sales funnel and increase conversions.
Effect of White Space in Website Design
1. Legibility – Readability and website usability go hand in hand. Proper spacing of text, paragraphs, and content elements will help visitors read your content.
2. De-Clutter – When a website design is cluttered and busy, your visitors can easily become distracted or frustrated. White space will help visitors stay focused and improve navigation.
3. Highlighting – Surrounding call-to-action buttons with white space is an extremely effective highlighting technique. This ensures your visitors understand the next step, which can be to sign up, buy now, or share.
4. Balance – When there is too little white space, it causes the website design to appear disorganized, which becomes a reflection of your company. However, too much white space is a result of too little content and limited user guidance.
Ultimately, white space is for improving a website’s overall appearance and usability. The goal is to create a web design that is easily understood and navigate. Moreover, when a website is not filled with clutter, information is more effectively delivered.
What haven’t we covered yet that is important to you? If you would like to talk about the importance of white space in website design, or need more information, please contact us.
In today’s world, our whole lives are online. We rely on the internet and devices such as our laptops and smartphones in our personal lives as well as business. It’s made many things quicker and easier. Unfortunately, its made it easier for the bad guys to get to you and your personal information. Malware, spyware, and viruses can wreak havoc on your electronic devices, drastically slowing them and providing a virtual minefield of pop-up ads for navigating through.
Luckily, there are all sorts of online solutions to help protect your devices websites, homes and keep your information from these malicious “hacks”.
Here are the basics of Malware / Virus and Protection and how they work. Computer viruses work a lot like biological viruses. Once they’re made and sent out to do their job, they infect your computer or other smart devices. Once inside, it can make copies of itself from the original, or it can spread to other files and modify them. These programs can harm your computer to the point of it being unusable. They can steal your information, spam your email contacts, keep a record of everything you type (including passwords and other sensitive information), and cover your screen in ads.
Virus protection works by checking files and programs on your device and comparing it to known viruses / malware. It also reviews those programs for any behavior that could indicate a virus it hasn’t seen before. Once these infected files are found, you can choose to ignore them, quarantine them (virus protection moves the infected file to a safe location where it can’t spread the infection), or remove them from your system entirely at your discretion.
Now that you know the basics of viruses and virus protection, you’ll have better luck in keeping your systems clean and your information safe. Please feel free to contact us with any more questions you may have on this topic or any other you find on our site!