Staying on top of web development trends is vital for every business and industry. However, it can be aggravating and confusing when it seems like the trends are updating or changing every few weeks. Things that were popular just a few years ago are now outdated. With 2017 just starting, this article shares some amazing web development trends expected to grow in 2018 and will start to dominate the internet, so you will find different business online, from marketing companies to outsourced accounting firms that will help you manage your business online.
The internet has become a powerful force in our lives. People are using it to communicate, handling personal finances or getting accounting services to do it for them, getting their news, shopping, and a whole lot more. In fact, it is very likely you have visited Facebook, or some other social site, today and will likely visit it again tomorrow. We have all developed habits around the internet, and those habits will not be broken easily. Web developers are aware of this, and need a clear understanding of what is coming. While there are many trends, this article includes those that are the ones to watch.
1. Artificial Intelligence – While for some artificial intelligence and machine learning conjures thoughts of Skynet and Terminators, these programs are already being successfully used by Google and other companies. For example, the Project Sidewalk, developed at the University of Maryland, makes use of artificial intelligence and machine learning will help disabled people successfully navigate cities.
2. Internet of Things – What is the internet of things (IoT)? Essentially, there is a long list of devices that existed before the internet and developers are working to connect them to the web, the so-called smart devices. Today, we predominantly see this with things like automobiles and televisions. Nonetheless, prepare for even your toaster to get an upgrade. The internet of things will create many opportunities, and web developers will need to watch it closely.
3. Conversational UI – Chatbots have come a long way from the original versions. Today, many companies have started using them for customer support. Conversational UI will become an important topic of web development and design in 2017, as more websites add conversational interfaces.
What haven’t we covered yet that is important to you? If you would like to talk about the amazing web development trends to watch in 2017, or other related topics, please contact us.
New years come new resolutions…is it time to think about updating your website for a fresh new look? With the promise of healthy eating, being kind, continued financial success, why not delve into taking the assistance of SEO for contractors to market your company in a better way to boost your business. Here at Designs by Dave O., we’ve decided to really start fresh by moving the office with the help of hillsmoving.ca, to another office building in the heart of Ontario. We have also updated our website and due to this, came up with this article. So please enjoy the following tips we came up with. Get excited about an updated look for the year. Here are 3 tips to help propel your website into spring and beyond.
Consider refreshing your website
You may not want to do a complete renovation of your website, but a little bit of touch up may be in order. Just like with any other business endeavor, it needs updating from time to time; a website is no different. Consider your home page as the main starting point. This is where everyone lands when searching for your business or researching about your industry. You want your homepage to be attractive, visually compelling, and relevant in how it directs the user. Not only do you want it to look good, but you want to make sure the user is able to find the information he or she needs. The homepage is the first impression that a prospective client gets about your brand, so you want to make it your best. Research tells us people forms opinions based on just a fraction of a second, so make that first impression an excellent one.
Personalize your website
Give your website personality by adding more human elements to it. This means devoting a page with staff pictures, short bios about the staff members, and videos. Videos enhance customer connection, as well. Studies reveal that people have the ability to emotionally bond with brands, so take advantage of this by letting them get to know your staff.
Make sure your website reflects your brand
Your brand image needs to be breathed into every aspect of your company including (and maybe especially) your website. This may be the first experience a person has with your company and you want that person to get a feel for what your company represents. What is your brand image? Is it obvious in the graphics, color scheme, the language of your website? With a good website development, your brand shines through and captivates the audience.
At Designs By Dave O. we develop all aspects of website development and design. Contact us to discover how we can revitalize your web presence.
Especially if you are new to the channel, social media can be confusing. A number of simple symbols allow you to tag users you know or contribute to conversations with people you don’t, unlocking significant communication and marketing possibilities.
But of course, that’s only true if you know how to use it. If you are a social media novice, consider this your guide on how to use a # or @ to engage in more strategic communications.
The Hashtag: #
In social media, you will hear the # symbol referred to as a hashtag. Simply put, it’s the easiest way to contribute to conversations other users may be having about a topic on the network.
For example, during this past season of Game of Thrones, millions of users shared their thoughts on plot twists and spoilers using #GameofThrones. Their Tweets, Facebook, and Instagram posts were seen by everyone else looking at the same hashtag.
Using this symbol only comes with a single rule: it has to consist of one word. You can turn any word into a hashtagged ‘topic,’ but it makes sense to first search the network you’re on to make sure other users are using it and you are actually contributing to a conversation.
The User Tag: @
Unlike the hashtag, which allows you to communicate with everyone on the network following a specific topic (even if they are not your followers or friends), the @ symbol lets you tag friends and users you know in your message.
When you use @ followed by the person’s user name (@UserName, for example), Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and any other social network sends a notification to the person you’ve tagged. They can now more easily engage with your post, not needing to have searched it out.
The specific rules of the @ symbol vary based on network. Facebook, for example, only lets you tag users you are friends with. Twitter, on the other hand, allows you to tag any of the millions of users on the network. However, if you begin a tweet with a tagged user rather than tagging the user in the middle of the post, that Tweet will not appear on your public timeline.
In short, # and @ are the two symbols you are most likely to use in your social media outreach. The next step, then, is learning how to strategically use them to better communicate on social media. And that’s where we come in! Contact us today to learn more about them, and become an expert on your social network of choice.
You’ve probably thought about using Google Analytics and probably have some motivation to use it, somehow. This post offers some advice on how to use Google’s many Web analytics tools for planning and managing online marketing campaigns.
Anyone who wants to be found online needs to know about SearchUp they can help you to find what keywords and key phrases to use. Some of this is common sense, but not enough for someone to get by on nothing but common sense. You are a landscape design firm in Nashville, so ‘landscape design’ and ‘Nashville’ need to be used liberally. That’s the common sense part.
Not only do you need to figure out what keywords and key phrases to target on your Web pages and in your ads, you need to figure out how well your content and ads work. This is the second task where Google Analytics is a vital asset.
Create a free Google Analytics account, learn the basics and you’ll have a much easier time reaching people online for a reasonable amount of money. A recent article on Search Engine Land describes some reports that you should probably learn to use:
1. The traffic acquisition report – Do you know how often people actually click your ads? This report tells you. Access it by going to Acquisition –> Overview. You can dig a bit deeper and find out what pages those visitors arrive on and how many came from what sources.
2. Content efficiency report – You have lots of content and keeping track of what is working best to engage your audience is getting complicated. This report helps.
3. New versus returning visitors – Getting new visitors is almost as good as getting previous visitors to come back once or more. This report tells you how you are doing on both counts. To run the report, go to Audience –> Behavior –> New versus returning.
Now you know a little more about finding and using the right keywords to get your site notices. If you could use some help with digital marketing, contact us to see how we can help you reach your marketing goals.
Having a good reputation is important in business and that includes online reputation management. Since much of business takes place on the internet, it is critical to pay attention to how we interact with customers and vendors online.
Monitoring Your Reputation Online
Depending on your company and industry, you may interact with customers and vendors in several locations on the internet. These suggestions can offer some help when monitoring your reputation online.
- Yelp and other review sites: If you are a business that is reviewed on sites such as Yelp, it is important to read and respond to your reviews. Many customers read reviews to determine whether to do business with you.
- Social media sites: Social media offers you the ability to have conversations with customers and vendors via chat or comments. If you respond to feedback quickly and work to resolve any problems or negative feedback, you can boost your online reputation.
- Blog: Responding to comments on your blog shows customers that you are interested in what they have to say. Lack of response can create anger or frustration.
- Landing pages: If you are running a campaign with landing pages, a fast response (within 24 hours) will benefit you in several ways. You will net more conversions, begin nurturing leads and boost your reputation. People respond positively to a quick response.
Reputation is Perception
Your online reputation is created through the perception of other people. While you can’t completely control their responses to your actions or inactions, you can work to manage them. By putting in place a system that will offer value to your prospects, customers, and vendors, you can improve and maintain a good online reputation. With the way people share information online these days, a good reputation will be shared among friends and relatives more quickly than you might realize. Contact us to learn more about reputation management for your company.
Every business owner understands the importance of having a website. A website has a large impact on a thriving and successful business. In fact, a website can provide many excellent opportunities to help your business grow. However, keeping your website up-to-date is just as important as making one. An up-to-date website ensures that your business remains fresh and professional. Vape business should always be updated online so customers can find products like beginner vape pens and vaporizers. With that said, here are 4 reasons why you need to keep your website updated:
1. First Impression: Whether you realize it or not, your website is a reflection of your business. Keeping your website’s visual appeal in-tact is essential. This means that you should always strive to keep your website looking professional, inviting, and with useful information. This will leave a lasting first impression on potential customers.
2. Mobile-Friendly: Almost everyone own a mobile device that they use on a daily basis to access the internet. As technology and the mobile market continues to advance, people are now more likely to access your website through their smartphone or tablet. Having a responsive and mobile-friendly website makes it easier for people to browse and shows that you are up-to-date with current technology trends.
3. Heavy Content: We all love to provide great content. After all, it helps to establish your credibility as an expert in your field. However, going overboard with too much content will make your website hard to read, and could possibly increase your bounce rate. You should always strive to keep a balance of text and visual content to ensure that you don’t overwhelm visitors.
4. Content Optimization: In the world of the internet, content optimization for search engines are everything. Without optimization, your rankings will suffer. Updating your website with the right optimization will ensure that your website is more attractive to both users and search engines, driving more traffic to your business.
Website’s have certainly evolved overtime. They have become an integral part of a business’s success. If you have any questions about updating your website, contact us and we’ll gladly help.
You’ve gotten them to your site. But how do you keep them there? You not only need a great product, but you’ve got to represent that product in the best light possible. Failing to do so could mean lost opportunities. Below are 3 web design blunders that could be costing you business.
Forced Registration or Sign-up – Make it easy for the customer to interact with you, but don’t make doing so required to do business with you. It only keeps them from getting what they came for. And keeping them what they came for could make them give up, and move on.
Failing to Narrow Your Target Audience – A website that attempts to cater to everyone appears cluttered and unorganized. In addition, it makes things hard to find. Casting too wide a net will distract the customers that actually want to do business with you. And not all customers are a good fit for your company. Narrowing down your focus helps ensure you are building a relationship with those customers that will truly receive the greatest benefit of what your company offers. Find out more information here.
Hidden Contact Information – If someone wants to do business with you, make it as easy as possible to contact you by any means necessary. That includes phone and email. Make this information easily accessible on every page in an unobtrusive manner.
Fixing these items isn’t a mere inconvenience. They should get as much attention as any other risk that could cause damage to your business. Designs By Dave O. is ready to help make your website a shining reflection of your business.
In the past, businesses didn’t need to worry too much about their site displaying properly on mobile phones and tablets. Now, users are surfing the web and using the internet across a variety of devices, all with varying screen sizes and resolutions. What does this mean for your website?
Your site needs to be able to respond to the device it is being viewed within. This means, simply, that your site should be accessible, attractive, and retain its core functionality, no matter how visitors choose to access it. Thankfully, most good website development teams have been preparing for this.
Having a responsive website design provided by a professional web design company is very important, and search engines like Google have begun to factor in the accessibility and load speed of your site in mobile browsers, into their search engine ranking algorithm. Think about how often you visit your favorite sites from your phone or tablet, chances are it’s quite frequently.
Of course, creating a good user experience is a factor in designing your site for a premium experience across as wide a variety of devices as is possible. A good place to start is to check out what other professionals are doing, a quick look at http://fusionvegas.com/services/ will bring you up to speed on the lingo and on what is the standard. You want your website navigation to be perfect, and your images to scale appropriately, so that no part of your website gets lost in translation when viewed on mobile devices.
There is one more thing you should consider. Website translation will allow your business to reach a much larger number of possible clients, and raise your online profile significantly. Contact Certified Web Page Translators to learn more about the benefits you can get from translating your website.
There are some things that cannot be accomplished on smaller screens, and sometimes having a responsive element of your website is not feasible, but these types of situations can be overcome with the right SEO Agency advising you. Contact us to talk more about your current web needs.