The 4.8 million-tweet research study
Wow, we learned so much looking at the awesome stats from those who use Buffer! Here were some of the takeaways we came up with. I’d love to hear what catches your eye, too!
- Early mornings are the best time to tweet in order to get clicks.
- Evenings and late at night are the best time, on average, for total engagement with your tweets
- In some cases, the most popular times to post are opposite of the best times to post.
- Popular times and best times to tweet differ across time zones.
The most popular time to tweet: Noon to 1:00 p.m.
We’ve taken the data from all tweets sent through Buffer to find the most popular times for posting to Twitter. Looking at all tweets sent across all major time zones, here is an overview of the most popular times to tweet.
- Noon to 1:00 p.m. local time, on average for each time zone, is the most popular time to tweet
- The highest volume of tweets occurs between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., peaking between noon and 1:00 p.m.
- The fewest tweets are sent between 3:00 and 4:00 a.m.