You’ve gotten them to your site. But how do you keep them there? You not only need a great product, but you’ve got to represent that product in the best light possible. Failing to do so could mean lost opportunities. Below are 3 web design blunders that could be costing you business.
Forced Registration or Sign-up – Make it easy for the customer to interact with you, but don’t make doing so required to do business with you. It only keeps them from getting what they came for. And keeping them what they came for could make them give up, and move on.
Failing to Narrow Your Target Audience – A website that attempts to cater to everyone appears cluttered and unorganized. In addition, it makes things hard to find. Casting too wide a net will distract the customers that actually want to do business with you. And not all customers are a good fit for your company. Narrowing down your focus helps ensure you are building a relationship with those customers that will truly receive the greatest benefit of what your company offers.
Hidden Contact Information – If someone wants to do business with you, make it as easy as possible to contact you by any means necessary. That includes phone and email. Make this information easily accessible on every page in an unobtrusive manner.
Fixing these items isn’t a mere inconvenience. They should get as much attention as any other risk that could cause damage to your business. Designs By Dave O. is ready to help make your website a shining reflection of your business.
In the past, businesses didn’t need to worry too much about their site displaying properly on mobile phones and tablets. Now, users are surfing the web and using the internet across a variety of devices, all with varying screen sizes and resolutions. What does this mean for your website?
Your site needs to be able to respond to the device it is being viewed within. This means, simply, that your site should be accessible, attractive, and retain its core functionality, no matter how visitors choose to access it. Thankfully, most good website development teams have been preparing for this.
Having a responsive website design is very important, and search engines like Google have begun to factor in the accessibility and load speed of your site in mobile browsers, into their search engine ranking algorithm. Think about how often you visit your favorite sites from your phone or tablet, chances are it’s quite frequently.
Of course, creating a good user experience is a factor in designing your site for a premium experience across as wide a variety of devices as is possible. You want your website navigation to be perfect, and your images to scale appropriately, so that no part of your website gets lost in translation when viewed on mobile devices.
There are some things that cannot be accomplished on smaller screens, and sometimes having a responsive element of your website is not feasible, but these types of situations can be overcome with the right team advising you. Contact us to talk more about your current web needs.
If you want to attract more consumers to your business, then be sure to revisit your website design. With so many websites on the internet, you need to make sure your site is functional and visually attractive. Here are 3 tips to ensure the most out of your website.
Effective landing page
Since the landing page is the first place your customers will visit, it needs to include the basics and then some. You want to be sure that customers do not click away, so an attractive layout is a key factor in your plan. However, too much data on the page can be just as distracting as it is helpful. A landing page should be almost like an introduction page plus a table of contents or an index. In other words, it lets the customer know what company they have landed on, plus gives a list of categories for further exploration.
When people arrive on the main page, they do not want to search far for the main categories of information that is useful for them. This information needs to be readily available and fast to access. For example, when the keyword “services” is in bold font at the top of the page with a link to the various services you provide, then customers may easily navigate through the website. This facilitates a smooth transaction and a satisfying experience.
Use color to your advantage
There is no reason just to select any color for your website background, font, and images. Numerous studies indicate different colors evoke certain emotions from people. Furthermore, research reveals men and women have different preferences about what type of color they prefer and it does influence website conversions. With that in mind, use color to your advantage. Design your website around what type of business you have and who your audience is.
For more tips on website design and development, contact us today!
There are various things that you will need to invest in when you have an online business. You will have to make sure you make the right investment decisions when it comes to hiring your staff and training them. You will also have investment costs regarding the inventory costs and eventually expanding your business in the future.
One of the things that many people fail to think about is the investment in web development. Web development is a process that will continue for many years in the future. You can not simply launch your website and hope that it will turn into one of the all-time greatest websites that your customers have ever seen.
When you put money into something, you have to make sure that you closely monitor it, so if you want to invest in something like gold, you can use a company like the US Gold Bureau to advise you what’s the best way to do it. After all, you do have to get a good return on your investment, right?
If you want to know if it is time for you to invest in website development, here are a few things you should look for.
Traffic Is Slowing Down
Traffic on your website can slow down for a variety of reasons. It could be due to you not doing enough promotion on your website. Maybe you only sell products or services that people only need at certain times of the year. Regardless of the reason for traffic slowing down on your website, you will need to make sure you increase the traffic count on your website.
People Are Uninterested In Your Website
If you notice that internet users are not viewing your website for an extended amount of time, you may need to consider investing in custom website development. Do you post surveys on your website? Do people fail to respond to those surveys? Do you receive few responses to your emails? If you answered yes to these questions, you are seeing a lack of engagement in your website. This is a good sign that you should consider a custom website.
If customers complain about your website on social media or through e-mail, your current website could be seriously hurting your sales. You do not have to let your website drag your business down. Contact us today for more information on website development.
When thinking about social media integration in website design, many only imagine the share buttons on blog pages. However, that certainly is not all of it. The internet has us all in motion, all the time. Essential keys to inbound marketing are keeping your social media audience continuous engaged, and converting visitors on your website to active customers. While many marketers integrate social media into almost every area of their campaigns, websites are often overlooked.
Your website and social media channels should work to promote your brand seamlessly. Unfortunately, many businesses are missing out on possible engagements, impression, and conversions. Today’s article highlights three of the best strategies for capitalizing on social media in website design, thus increasing your online exposure and content distribution.
1. Integrate Social on Your Homepage – One of the easiest ways to increase your exposure is adding your social feeds to your homepage. If you are suing social media effectively, your feed is filled with insider offers, dazzling images, and useful information. When you integrate Facebook and Twitter feeds into your website, customers see that you are active and engaging.
2. Add Social Media Follow Buttons – It is a good idea to place follow buttons in the header and footer of your website. This way, the navigation is available to a user no matter what page they are on. Of course, you don’t have to link to each of your social profiles. Focus on promoting those in which you are most active and have a solid presence.
3. Add Share Buttons to Product Pages – Most websites have share buttons integrated on blog pages, but if you have product pages, it is a good idea to add them there as well. You want to make it as easy as possible for your customers to share or recommend their favorite items. Moreover, the button placement should be obvious.
Ultimately, social media integration in website design is about getting customers involved in your promotion and content distribution. You are making it easier to follow and find you again, so they never miss an informative article, special promotion, or customer event. Integration helps you break through the online noise and keep attention on you.
What haven’t we covered yet that is important to you? If you would like to talk about the important of social media integration in website design, or a related topic, please contact us.
So, you have or need a business website. The idea of what constitutes an effective website design is sometimes overwhelming. There are many elements that you can add, but should probably do without. Finding a web designer, who can write well-formed code, is just the start. That said, fancy coding doesn’t always translate into an effective website.
Once you have yourself a professional web designer, there are some big decisions you will have to make. At the end of the day, while an expert is going to give the best advice, they will always build the website you want. Regardless, there are several characteristics that your website must have to attract visitors, keep their attention, encourage repeat visits, and convert prospects and leads into active customers.
The base of all highly effective website design is a well-defined focus and purpose. Without developing goals and a plan, your website will have no direction. Your website is the centerpiece of your online inbound marketing. In order to be effective, it should guide visitors through every state of the consumer life-cycle. Every decision, from layout to content, must add value to the user experience.
Characteristics of Effective Website Design
1. Logical Roadmap – While you want your website to have a great look, usefulness is just as important. Therefore, the starting point of all good website design is creating a map of how it should work. This step is essential both for user experience and SEO. Your designer should build a wireframe or mockup of the site, which will allow you to work through how the site will work and if it makes sense.
2. Essential Business Information – One of the biggest issues is that many companies build the website they want, rather than the website that their customers need. Ensure your contact information, directions, product images, and more are part of the design. No matter the industry, all businesses has essential information that customers must be able to find easily.
3. Common Sense Navigation – While you may want to try standing out using clever page names and navigation, you are more likely only going to cause visitors to become angry and frustrated. Additionally, your navigation strategy should take into consideration calls-to-action. You want to create predictable outcomes based on the path that a visitor takes, either making a transaction, requesting a quote, signing up for your newsletter, or something else.
4. Social Media Optimization – No matter what your business, social media cannot be ignored. Optimizing your websites for social media is a critical element of your content distribution. So, integrating these social platforms is necessary for improving your online footprint, building an audience, and boosting your SEO. Make sure you are promoting your social profiles and have easy to find social share buttons for all product pages and blog content.
5. Become Mobile-Friendly – The typical users will use multiple devices throughout the day to access the internet. Moreover, most search queries are coming from mobile devices. Your customers expect to find a mobile-friendly website. Moreover, they also anticipate that they will receive the same level of functionality on their smartphone as they do on their computer. Today, optimizing for mobile is a reflection of your professionalism.
What haven’t we covered yet that is important to you? If you would like to talk about the characteristics of highly effective website design, or a related topic, please contact us.