Search engine optimization can seem like a complex topic. Its many variables, from on-page optimization to responsive design, can quickly become overwhelming. But ultimately, it’s important to remember that SEO boils down to a simple concept: if you can create relevant content for the words and phrases your audience wants to see, your website will rank highly on search engines like Google and Bing.
Considering that simple underlying concept makes it clear just how important keyword research is to your SEO efforts. Every strategy has to begin with finding the words and phrases that your audience actually searches for. If you can find these phrases, you’re on your way to successful search engine optimization and high rankings.
Understanding SEO “Keywords”
If you’re not familiar with SEO, the term keyword can be misleading. It does not describe a single word; in fact, a keyword can be as long as an entire sentence. Keywords that are longer than one or two words are generally referred to as long-tail keywords.
In essence, an SEO keyword is the word or phrase that your audience types into a search bar. They may, for example, search for “best software to stream music” or “fashion outlet like risque bikinis in [city]”. Both of these examples are what digital marketers refer to as Keywords.
Finding the Right Keywords For Your Audience
Naturally, there are an infinite number of potential keywords you might want to rank for. But you cannot build a search engine optimization strategy without putting some focus to your efforts first, which is where keyword research comes into play.
It starts with a guess. What do you think members of your target audience would search for when looking for a service like yours? Once you have come up with a few potential phrases, plug them into a keyword research tool to evaluate their potential success.
SEMRush has compiled a list of some of the most common keyword research tools. They typically give you three key data points:
Search volume, or the number of people that search for this specific keyword in a given time.
Competitiveness, describing just how difficult it would be to rank highly for this keyword given the other available search results.
Alternatives, showing you other, similar keywords that may perform better for your purposes.
Picking the right keywords for your website and business ultimately comes down to finding the right balance between the first two datapoint. You need to find words or phrases with a relatively high monthly search volume, but a difficulty level around 60 or less. Using the alternative options as well, try to nail down about 10 keywords that are both relevant your business and fit that criteria.
Tracking Your Success Over Time
Once you find the keywords with the highest chance of success, it’s time to build your SEO strategy. Of course, predictions are not always accurate, so it’s crucial to evaluate just how successful your keyword research actually was over time.
That evaluation can be as simple as typing in the keyword(s) in question into Google, and seeing where you rank. But of course, you can also be more strategic.
Google Analytics, for example, allows you to determine just how many visitors you got from specific search keywords. If the keywords you had researched don’t show up on that report, it may be time to go through the process again and find new keywords to rank for.
Keyword research is not the only component of a successful search engine optimization strategy. At the same time, it’s the crucial first step you need to take before any of your other efforts can be successful.
Through the variety of tips and tools mentioned above, you can get started in your keyword research and building an effective SEO strategy. And if you need help in the process, we’re here for you. Contact us to learn about our services and let us help you improve your website for optimal search rankings.
Customers want to know who they are doing business with. But how can they know this if you fail to provide any useful information on your website about you are? Taking the time to craft an informative About Us page will go a long way to establishing a long-term relationship with your customer as well as one built on trust.
Give Them a Face – People love to put a face with the name. Your About Us page should contain photos of key personnel in your company. Accompany each photo with a brief description of that person’s role. Also, provide contact information for each person. Let your customers know that you are a real business, run by real people, and that they can contact you easily if necessary.
Tell Your Story – It’s okay to let your light shine on your About Us page. In fact it is a great idea to do so, because it gives the customer insight your company’s “personality”. This insight is important to making the customer feel comfortable doing business with you.
Full Contact Info – Ensure that the contact information you provide is complete and accurate. This would include your email address, a social media contact. and of course, you should be able to provide great Office Telephone systems to your customers. Failing to provide detailed contact information gives the impression that you don’t really value the relationship at all. And that certainly is not the impression you want your customers to get. Give them options for how to contact you.
Transparency is key in establishing a long-term relationship built on trust with your customers. A well-crafted About Us page is the start to that relationship. Contact us for more information.
As a business owner, it’s important you have a good reputation. If you’re wondering why this is so important both online and off today, there are several factors you should consider as to why you need Reputation Management:
- Many people conduct online research before spending money today. You need to know what they’re looking for so you can tailor your marketing message to meet their needs.
- And defining the finance of the business is also important, since this determine how well the business is going, and what changes are necessary to produce better results and eventually make more money.
- A strategy that can be used is start the business with less capital, since that much is not necessary for the initial process of the business, find more because most of it could be get through a payday loan from even a site online, after a good research since the rates and terms of loans online vary significantly from lender to lender. Reading the website Simple Pay Day reveals that one could pay as high a rate of 3,000% APR for a loan taken out for no more than a month
- You need to build up your clients’ trust in your business’ credibility. If you receive any negative feedback online, it’s difficult to turn it around again. If you do manage to recover, it will cost you a lot of money to do so. Preventing this from happening in the first place is actually much less expensive.
- It’s important to always put your best face forward since you never know who’s watching you who you’ll do business with in the future. These are similar to clients, but with different agendas. Nonetheless, the same thing holds true about negative images.
- When negative press occurs online, it’s really difficult to “make it go away.” Considering how fast news travels today, all it takes is a few seconds for this to occur and ruin your brand forever.
- Your successful business’ foundation is your professional staff. Since headhunters often look at this without considering the facts behind a business you’ll want to only hire people with a good online reputation.
Clearly, online reputation management is much more than a buzzword. It’s a reality and for this reason, you need a reputation management strategy in place. If you need help enacting one, contact us.
Staying on top of web development trends is vital for every business and industry. However, it can be aggravating and confusing when it seems like the trends are updating or changing every few weeks. Things that were popular just a few years ago are now outdated. With 2017 just starting, this article shares some amazing web development trends expected to grow in 2018 and will start to dominate the internet.
The internet has become a powerful force in our lives. People are using it to communicate, handling personal finances or getting accounting services to do it for them, getting their news, shopping, and a whole lot more. In fact, it is very likely you have visited Facebook, or some other social site, today and will likely visit it again tomorrow. We have all developed habits around the internet, and those habits will not be broken easily. Web developers are aware of this, and need a clear understanding of what is coming. While there are many trends, this article includes those that are the ones to watch.
1. Artificial Intelligence – While for some artificial intelligence and machine learning conjures thoughts of Skynet and Terminators, these programs are already being successfully used by Google and other companies. For example, the Project Sidewalk, developed at the University of Maryland, makes use of artificial intelligence and machine learning will help disabled people successfully navigate cities.
2. Internet of Things – What is the internet of things (IoT)? Essentially, there is a long list of devices that existed before the internet and developers are working to connect them to the web, the so-called smart devices. Today, we predominantly see this with things like automobiles and televisions. Nonetheless, prepare for even your toaster to get an upgrade. The internet of things will create many opportunities, and web developers will need to watch it closely.
3. Conversational UI – Chatbots have come a long way from the original versions. Today, many companies have started using them for customer support. Conversational UI will become an important topic of web development and design in 2017, as more websites add conversational interfaces.
What haven’t we covered yet that is important to you? If you would like to talk about the amazing web development trends to watch in 2017, or other related topics, please contact us.
New years come new resolutions…is it time to think about updating your website for a fresh new look? With the promise of healthy eating and using supplements as kratom capsules, being kind, continued financial success, why not delve into your content marketing strategy for a plan. Get excited about an updated look for the year. Here are 3 tips to help propel your website into spring and beyond.
Consider refreshing your website
You may not want to do a complete renovation of your website, but a little bit of touch up may be in order. Just like with any other business endeavor, it needs updating from time to time; a website is no different. Consider your home page as the main starting point. This is where everyone lands when searching for your business or researching about your industry. You want your homepage to be attractive, visually compelling, and relevant in how it directs the user. Not only do you want it to look good, but you want to make sure the user is able to find the information he or she needs. The homepage is the first impression that a prospective client gets about your brand, so you want to make it your best. Research tells us people forms opinions based on just a fraction of a second, so make that first impression an excellent one.
Personalize your website
Give your website personality by adding more human elements to it. This means devoting a page with staff pictures, short bios about the staff members, and videos. Videos enhance customer connection, as well. Studies reveal that people have the ability to emotionally bond with brands, so take advantage of this by letting them get to know your staff.
Make sure your website reflects your brand
Your brand image needs to be breathed into every aspect of your company including (and maybe especially) your website. This may be the first experience a person has with your company and you want that person to get a feel for what your company represents. What is your brand image? Is it obvious in the graphics, color scheme, the language of your website? With a good website development, your brand shines through and captivates the audience.
At Designs By Dave O. we develop all aspects of website development and design. Contact us to discover how we can revitalize your web presence.
Especially if you are new to the channel, social media can be confusing. A number of simple symbols allow you to tag users you know or contribute to conversations with people you don’t, unlocking significant communication and marketing possibilities.
But of course, that’s only true if you know how to use it. If you are a social media novice, consider this your guide on how to use a # or @ to engage in more strategic communications.
The Hashtag: #
In social media, you will hear the # symbol referred to as a hashtag. Simply put, it’s the easiest way to contribute to conversations other users may be having about a topic on the network.
For example, during this past season of Game of Thrones, millions of users shared their thoughts on plot twists and spoilers using #GameofThrones. Their Tweets, Facebook, and Instagram posts were seen by everyone else looking at the same hashtag.
Using this symbol only comes with a single rule: it has to consist of one word. You can turn any word into a hashtagged ‘topic,’ but it makes sense to first search the network you’re on to make sure other users are using it and you are actually contributing to a conversation.
The User Tag: @
Unlike the hashtag, which allows you to communicate with everyone on the network following a specific topic (even if they are not your followers or friends), the @ symbol lets you tag friends and users you know in your message.
When you use @ followed by the person’s user name (@UserName, for example), Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and any other social network sends a notification to the person you’ve tagged. They can now more easily engage with your post, not needing to have searched it out.
The specific rules of the @ symbol vary based on network. Facebook, for example, only lets you tag users you are friends with. Twitter, on the other hand, allows you to tag any of the millions of users on the network. However, if you begin a tweet with a tagged user rather than tagging the user in the middle of the post, that Tweet will not appear on your public timeline.
In short, # and @ are the two symbols you are most likely to use in your social media outreach. The next step, then, is learning how to strategically use them to better communicate on social media. And that’s where we come in! Contact us today to learn more about them, and become an expert on your social network of choice.